The first thought that comes to my mind is Andy Warhol. What I love most about him is the idea that you should be who you are. And... I love 'pop art.' I love movies-particularly B-movies, and TV, and comic books.
|Photo Booth Ring|
|Photo Booth Strip|
|Photo Booth Box|
|Pendant of My Mother|
I was inspired by his work to use photo booth pictures and shinky dinks to create narrative jewelry about myself and my family.
I was a teenager and in my early 20's when things started getting crazy. Pop art, conceptual art..., what is art? It wasn't just visual art that influenced me, but at that time music was very influential and was just turning from 60's, early 70's anti-war, Crosby, Stills, and Nash, Joni Mitchell to Patti Smith, the Ramones, Elvis Costello. Very edgy, rebellious, questioning everything, I guess you could say maybe a little paranoid!
|Heavy Metal Ring|
Please check out where other artistic influences lie by going to these other Etsy Metal sites!!
1. Theresa - http://tkmetalarts.blogspot.com
2. Kate Jones - http://www.katejonesdesign.blogspot.com
3. Fluxplay Jewellery (Maria Whetman) - http://www.fluxplay.blogspot.com
4. 2Roses - http://www.jewelrytutorial.blogspot.com
5. Elizabeth Scott - http://esdesignsjewelry.com/blog
6.Andrea Ring- http://www.amuckdesign.blogspot.com
7. Nodeform - http://nodeform.blogspot.com/
8. Beth Cyr http://bcyrjewelry.blogspot.com
9. Inbar Bareket http://www.inbarbareket.net
10. Cynthia Del Giudice: http://cynthiadelgiudice.blogspot.com
11. Evelyn Markasky: http://markasky.blogspot.com/
12. AdobeSol - http://www.AdobeSol.com/blog
13. Quercus Silver http://quercussilver.blogspot.com/